Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Spice Re-Do

Every time I would open my spice cabinet, I would get frustrated with how it looks and how it's organized. I was always fishing through, throwing things around, until I found what I needed. It needed to stop! I was at Walmart to buy a new trashcan since the one I have had developed some kind of permanent nasty brown colored puddle at the bottom. No thank you! While on that isle, I found the perfect solution to my spice nightmare. The little display shelf that are like stairs, much like this one from Bed, Bath, and Beyond! I know there has to be a technical term for it, but that is how I describe it.

I also ended up switching the side of where I wanted them displayed. The right side is next to the stove and such, so I felt like that placement would be perfect. I want to eventually get the plain glass spice jars and label them all myself. Another project for another day!

Along with my reorganization, I tried to organize the upper cabinets, too. I did end up purchasing a couple OXO food containers to try to organize the flours, sugars, etc. Of course, I need more for all the junk I keep in my cabinets for all the baking recipes I use, but they get expensive! I do want this particular brand because it is so durable and makes me feel like it helping with the pop button on top. Walmart does have their own type of these containers but from the Better Homes brand. Theirs do not have a button on type but instead have this plastic pull. It was weird to me, but they were much cheaper if you wanted to go that route. Personally, I just felt that it could easily spill with those pull tabs.

I'm a sucker for kitchen things (who would have thought?), so I also purchased this amazing kitchen mat for under the sink. It is leather and super thick to relax your little feeties while working in the kitchen. I am always using my tiny kitchen, whipping some kind of cake or dessert, so this makes it nice!


How do y'all personalize or organize your kitchens? Give me ideas! It's my favorite room in the apartment, so I definitely try to update it the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment