Friday, November 16, 2012

Ganache & Sprinkles

Whew! It was definitely been a stressful couple of weeks, but it is almost Thanksgiving, which means I will actually be able to drive away from campus for several days. I get to go back to my home and spend much needed time not doing homework and catching up with family. And I also get the pleasure to bake all the desserts for Thanksgiving since my dad and stepmom are hosting it again this year! Can't wait!

I also snagged two more wedding cake orders today! Two in one day! I thought I was dreaming. One of them is next summer, and the other is next September. I immediately marked them in my calendar. 

One of the cake orders I did (today, actually) this week was one I had never done before. It was a coworker's 21st birthday, and she has tried every single cake I have ever brought to our work parties, so she graciously let me do something different than I normally do. Love her for letting me try something new!!

So, introducing Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling topped with Buttercream Icing and Chocolate Ganache, and the festive 2 & 1 on top are made out of white almond bark. 

Here's the step by step of the process, excluding the actual baking of the cake layers, of course:






Let me know what y'all think! It did take a while for this particular cake, but it was super fun to make.

Hope your weekend is going to be relaxing like mine! I cannot wait!


2 comments:

  1. It turned out great, looking very good!

    Have a grand weekend Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks to DIE for. like woah. love your page! Have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete