Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Roses Roses Roses

The cake I created last week was for a wedding shower. I met the bride at one of my college's alumni events, and she recently graduated this past May. She came up to my table at the event where I was selling my cupcakes, and she asked if I did wedding cakes too. I have technically only done two wedding cakes (all by myself), so I was VERY nervous when she was interested in that. I showed her the past wedding cakes I have done, and she was excited. We talked briefly about her wedding in December of this year, and it was going to be held here on our college campus. Anyway, long story short...she then later contacted me through our Facebook page about really and truly doing her wedding cake. I was super surprised but very excited!

We then decided to have a trial run cake done for her wedding shower in order for her to try our flavors and cream cheese icing. Her wedding shower cake was chocolate cake on the bottom tier, and the top tier was white chocolate. She wanted me to design it myself, with the helpful information of her bridesmaid dress color being dark purple, and this is what I created. She loved the rose design so much that she now wants her middle tiers for her four tiered wedding cake to be the rose design. I love it! It just screams bridal to me! The icing is also the cream cheese icing she wanted because it's the groom's favorite type of icing. I don't blame him!


I delivered the tiers separately because the mother of the bride was driving a ways to take it to party, so I provided support for her when she did stack the tiers at the party. I wish I could  have photographed it all put together, but I did not want to ruin the roses. I hope she remembered to snap a picture for me at the party!

I am also going to be doing the groom's cake for her wedding, which should be very fun too! I am very grateful for her giving me this opportunity to be apart of her wedding celebration when I merely met her a month ago! I love how easily people can trust. It makes my heart happy that there are people like that still out there. Thank you for letting me do what I love to do!

I cannot wait for the wedding in December. Almost there!!
Of course, I will show y'all every step of the way.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday! It should be an interesting night watching the news to see where our country will go next. I love that we have the right to decide that! Always be thankful of that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment