Monday, January 23, 2012

Spring Semester

Gosh! This semester has barely started, and I am already falling behind on my posts. This semester isn't even as chaotic as past semesters have been, but of course, I still find some way to put more stress and deadlines on myself.
I know you all are dying to hear what thrilling classes I am taking this semester, so I am going to tell you. Be prepared because I already have strong opinions about some!

  1. Music Appreciation: First class of every week starts with Music Appreciation. I had to take another fine arts kind of class, and I have already taken Theatre Appreciation. I heard Art Appreciation was way too much staring into paintings and trying to find meanings in them, so I figured music might be a bit easier. So far, it's not too bad. Just powerpoints filled with terminology and song examples from my favorite Beethoven and Mozart. Ha! I do have to attend four music concerts (FREE too!) throughout the semester in order to write reviews on each of them, but that's not too bad since for Theatre Appreciation I had to attend all the plays which cost $10 each. It was pure publicity for their department and should be academically illegal, I'll say.
  2. Health Topics: Sex/Drug Education: Unfortunately, I have not actually started this class yet. It is only a half semester class since it is just a health class, so I won't start it until the end of February, which is perfectly fine with me! I had to take one more health class for general education classes, and lucky for me, this is the only one that worked with my class/work schedule. I am interested to see what exactly is going to go down. I feel like it's just gonna be like that class we had to take in 5th or 6th grade about what will happen with our bodies when we start puberty. Gosh, I hope not. I mean, hopefully everyone in the class is already way past the "good touch, bad touch" stage of growing up.
  3. Human Resource Management: I enjoy management classes because they tend to be fairly easy and straightforward (hopefully since it is my major!), and also this one is taught by my advisor, so it's not too bad. Of course, another huge group project in this class where we all actually have to write a scholarly paper. How does she expect an entire paper from a group of four people to flow perfectly? Well, I actually got lucky with the group I was assigned, and I feel confident I won't be finishing the paper alone on the night before it's due!
  4. Cross Cultural Management: Another management class, of course. This one is way different from my HR class. It only has about 8 students, so we all sit in a circle and just have discussions every class. It was intimidating at first because I felt like I needed to have something prepared to contribute for the discussions, but now that it has gotten more comfortable, I just say whatever comes to mind. That is appropiate, of course! :)
  5. Business Ethics: This class is a complete joke. I love the professor as a person, but he does absolutely nothing. He comes to class with nothing prepared and just wings it, which does not fly in my book. He never lectures because he assigned each group a chapter, and that group presents the chapter to the rest of the class. Is this high school? Ridiculous. Did I mention there is another giant group project research paper we have to do too? I just adore those, if you can't tell.
Okay, there is my rant for the day. Now I actually need to be working on some of the work I need to do for those darn classes.

Thanks for taking the time to read my crazy rant,

No comments:

Post a Comment