Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Family Gifting

This weekend was full of family, family, family time.
Saturday morning/afternoon we went to his little brother's basketball game. He barely played unfortunately, but when he did, he shot a three pointer, and he could not contain his excitement. He has a nice shot too, but we don't want to tell him that all the time or his little head will get bigger than it already is! Then his family took us out to lunch at Chickfila before we headed out to go visit my family a little over an hour away.

We were halfway there when my dad called with a weird request. He wanted us to find a glass dome that has a wooden bottom where he can display some shark tooth. What a dork! So, we backtracked a little to go to Hobby Lobby, where I know I could find something similar to that. I forget how huge that store is until I step foot into it. It is the size of a Walmart but full of arts & crafts and home goods stuff. I wanted to just walk around and look at everything, but of course I was rushed by the boy who hates to spend money not on food! He ended up finding the dome structure, and we took a picture and sent it to dad, who loved it. It was only $14 for both the glass and wooden bottom when Michael's had something similar for $100. Craziness.

When we finally arrived at my family's house, it was 5:00ish. Dad was already making dinner, and it smelled so good since he was making my favorite: mashed potatoes, especially his mashed potatoes. So good! The night was full of catching up with stories, grades, the upcoming semester, etc. Then my step mom brought out the gifts they got for my boyfriend, which was so sweet. They ended up getting his a really nice button up shirt and a long sleeve shirt from Ralph Lauren. He loves that store, so they did good!

Sunday morning we went to church which is luckily five seconds from my apartment, so I love being able to sleep in a little and take my time. After the service, we decided to take his little brother out with us to lunch at the mall food court. We both were craving some delicious Chinese/Japanese food court yummyness. We headed to his family's house afterwards, and then waited anxiously while his mom wrapped the rest of the gifts she had to wrap. Once she finished that, we all gathered together to give out the gifts we got for one another.
His little brother got me some adorable Christmas pajamas as well as some foam soap from Bath & Body Works. It was so sweet! His mom and dad got me a vacuum! Oh gosh, I needed one so bad. Some people would be offended by that, but I absolutely love it. Him and I together bought his mom a COACH purse, his dad an old man hat, and his brother's gift was...something interesting. He is such a country boy, so we decided to make him a basket full of hillbilly stuff he would love: camo belt, camo duct tape, beef jerky in a tobacco can, Browning camo hat, camo knife, a raccoon hat with raccoon tail, a Swamp People tshirt...all in a camo bucket. He loved it! He was so surprised. I am glad we went with that adorable idea instead of just a silly video game or something.

Him and I also decided to give each other our last gift in front of his family. I opened mine first, and it was the Ray Ban Sunglasses I have been wanting. They are so beautiful in person! They are wayfarers and also the tortoise shell pattern instead of just plain black. I wish it was summer right now so I could look super cool wearing them on my face or the top of my head every day.
  Guess Watch for Men


He then opened his last gift from me, which was the Guess Watch he has been wanting for a long time. He hopes to get a job after we graduate, and he has been starting to dress so professional, I guess to get used to it?! Haha, who knows. I love it though, he is so adorable. He also loved how big the face of the watch was, it covers his entire wrist. That's my favorite part about it. It looks like a watch that a millionaire would wear. Thank god it didn't cost as much as a millionaire would pay for a watch!

Sunday night was the candlelight service at his church, which I was super excited about all day because the boyfriend was going to sing up on stage with just him and his guitar. It was beautiful. I made his little brother video it on my phone, which came out well, but I wanna see if I can adjust the volume somehow with my computer. He sang Silent Night, but a different version than the usual slow, sleepy one. It was a little more upbeat since he played it on his acoustic guitar. Once I figure out how to fix the video, I will upload it and show it to every one! I am so proud, can you tell?

Don't forget what Christmas is all about,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment